Periodicals Reading Room
Radastų St. 2,III floor, room 305.
Telephone +370 37 324 321
|Working Hours :
I–V 8.30–19.00 val.
VI 10.00–17.00 val.
*The last Wednesday of each month in the Clean-Up Day; the readers will not be served.
This open fund reading room contains most of the magazines and newspapers from various cities and smaller regions (more than 3.8 thousands publications). The fund consists of Lithuanian periodicals and subscriptions from other countries some of which are being published since 1946.
- We give out loan for an in-house use periodicals from the periodicals fund.
- We give out on loan foreign magazines (except the last copies or magazines in Lithuanian which have a double copy). Up to 3 magazine copies can be borrowed (or one bind set of periodicals) for no longer than 15 days period.
- Provide information about the sections where the periodicals are in as well as information about periodicals which were published until 1945.
- We provide trainings on how to use the catalogues and card files. We also assist the readers in the information search for the desired topic.
- We provide corrective telephone inquiries.
- Copy machine is available. The service is charged.
Search of periodicals can be performed in:
- Electronic Catalogue;
- Card Catalogue (Radastų St. 2, room 234, The Catalogue Room);
- The reading room which have the current year’s card files of periodicals.