2012 07 09
- Using the Library is free of charge except for few charged services.
- Anyone who has LIBIS Library Card can use the Library. LIBIS Reader’s Certificate,which was acquired at any other library, is also valid at KCPL. In addition, it can be purchased here for a non-terminated period (price 4 lt).
- Those, who do not own LIBIS Library Card, can visit events, trainings and exhibitions as well as use Public Internet access, wireless Internet and read daily publications.
- There are two ways to order publications: by visiting the library and via Internet.
- There are few departments at the Library where publications are provided by topic: Readers' Services Department (Fiction, Natural Sciences, Humanities, Swiss and German Libraries, Newly Published Material Reading Room), Art Department, Music Department, Periodicals Department, The Kaunas Studies Reading Room, Central Depository Department, The Old and Rare Prints Department, Children’s Literature Department.
- Publications can be loaned-out for different time periods: a day, a week, 2 weeks, a month. Publications marked with red tape cannot be loaned-out.
- If the required book is not available or is loaned-out by another person You can always reserve it.
- Loaned-out publications must be returned before the due date; otherwise You will be fined for every publication which is overdue. Fine rate is 10 cents per item per day (The days when the Library is closed are excluded)
- There are three ways to renew loaned-out items (exceptions are very popular publications): in person at the Library, via phone/e-mail, or by contacting the department which had lent the publication. You can also renew items via Internet before their due date.
- You can copy, scan or photograph fragments of Library publications. It is also possible to copy audio fragments. Printing is also available at the Library. These services are charged.
- Even if the Library is closed, You can return any borrowed publication by using the self-service return station located at the service entrance.
- If You did not find the necessary materials they can be obtained through Interlibrary Loan (TBA), which allows ordering publications from other libraries. The ordered publications will be delivered from other Lithuanian or foreign libraries.
- If You do not have enough time for information search, You can always order a charged, which will do that for You. We will prepare lists bibliographic entries as well as a review of literature and fully arranged factual information (documents or copies of the documents).
- Library also provides free of charge trainings for community: consultations, individual and group computer literacy trainings as well as using Internet or other electronic services.
- There is a public Internet access at the library as well as wireless Internet connection.
- You can read news about the Library by subscribing a newsletter, reading our blog and by following us on Facebook, YouTube, Delicious, Picasa.